Full Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Whist we take the utmost care to ensure that all descriptions, measurements and images of products are a true indication we accept no responsibility for incorrectly displayed items. In particular it should be noted that all screens and web browsers have visual limitations and do not always depict a true representation. This is especially relevant when displaying colour, finish & textures. Wood, marble, leather & glass are natural materials and any hence show natural variations. These natural variations are not considered to be defects and will not be treated as such with regard the return of any items.
The prices displayed on this website are shown in Pounds Sterling with VAT included at the current rate. We reserve the right to alter prices without prior notification. If we discover a price to be incorrect after an order has been placed we will contact you to confirm whether you wish to proceed with the order.
We reserve the right to cancel an order if:
- we are unable to validate or process your payment in full.
- we are unable to supply the correct item.
- we are unable to supply the required quantity.
- the price is found to be incorrect.
- we are unable to deliver to your requested address or area.
This website and its content is copyright of The Home – © The Home 2010-2016. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
When registering with this website you agree that all information is correct & true. You also agree to ensure all information up to date.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Home and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Home. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website live and running smoothly. However, The Home takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to issues beyond our control.
Privacy & Cookies
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services or customise the website according to your interests
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at our address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use both session and persistent cookies. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Persistent cookies help to speed your browsing when returning to our site and remember, for example, items that you have placed in your basket. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you change your mind
Our returns policy is simple. You may return any standard item (excluding bespoke / non-stock items – see below) within 14 days of receipt of the goods. The items must be returned in their original packaging with all associated labels/tags. The cost of retuning an item will not be met by The Home. If you return any item which is incomplete or is in an unsatisfactory condition then your refund will not be processed. Your refund will of course include the original standard delivery charge (£5.95). We suggest items are returned by a ‘signed for’ service to ensure that we receive them. The Home will not accept responsibility for goods lost or damaged in transit. When returning your item, please specify whether you would like a refund or an exchange.
Standard items exclude any item we do not hold in stock, that has to be order specifically for you, or that has to be manufactured to your specification. Standard items exclude, without limitation, items ordered in a specific upholstery, finish, size or colour.
Bespoke / non-stock items
Bespoke (made to order) items and non-stock items cannot be returned or refunded. Once an order for a bespoke item has been placed it cannot be cancelled.
Please ensure that you are 100% happy with the finish / colour / size etc. of any bespoke / non-stock item before you place the order. We cannot be held responsible for any errors made when placing the order. If you are unsure if an item is bespoke / non-stock please do not hesitate to contact us. We are also happy to talk you through the options to make sure the item/options are right for you before you place the order. We are available seven days a week between 10.00am to 6pm.
The Home will work to rectify issues arising from items delivered that are faulty or damaged. You must notify us within 24 hours of receipt of delivery if an item has been damaged in transit. We stand behind our products and will honour the manufacturer’s guarantee.
Remember that we are all real people working at The Home and we will be more than happy to assist you to make the correct choice. Please do not hesitate to contact us, seven days a week from 10am to 6pm, if you would like to discuss the product options.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
For clarification of these or any other issues;
To discuss your furniture needs in more detail; If you would prefer to place on order with another human…
Telephone:+44 (0)1274 530770
Or use the contact form
We are open 7 days a week, 10am – 6pm.