Manufactured by Bitossi, Florence, Italy.
Originally manufactured in 1950 and now reintroduced into the collection in a limited and numbered edition of 149 pieces. Each piece is provided with a certificate of guarantee stating the uniqueness of the object and its limited edition number.
Hand thrown on the wheel. Ridged vase of clay. Steel grey glaze with blue stippling. Hand carved designed highlighted with brush applied blue glaze.
The Bitossi family began production of ceramic roof tiles in Florence in the 15th Century but it is since the 1920’s that Bitossi have been at the forefront of ceramic and glaze development. The Bitossi vases are the culmination of these decades of research and development and allowed both Londi and the ceramicists free reign to push the boundaries of both shape and colour. The collection now provides a concise view of art ceramic from the period. Bitossi continue this tradition today with designers such as Karim Rashid, Campana Brothers and Arik Levy pushing the possibilities of the material.
H: 53 cm | D: 20 cm